We are seeking to recruit an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support for the Chief Operating Officer, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer. The position will be located in our headquarters in midtown Manhattan.
- Arrange, confirm and manage extremely detailed calendars; schedule complex senior-level meetings and related logistics.
- Prep COO with daily schedule and provide necessary support throughout the day.
- Manage email communication, including prioritizing emails and corresponding on behalf of managers; maintain and update Outlook Contacts.
- Answer, direct calls and take phone messages for managers as appropriate.
- Organize and follow up on action items after participating in calls and attending meetings, or as directed.
- Coordinate complex international and domestic travel including flights, hotel, ground transportation, travel advances and foreign currency. Coordinate necessary passport/visa credentials.
- Conduct and print research; use research tools and programs.
- Maintain subscriptions and passwords for managers.
- Sort, open and distribute mail.
- Confirm restaurant reservations, book car service, reserve conference rooms, place catering orders, etc.
- Prepare and submit monthly expense reports.
- Assist with ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Provide backup support to other assistants covering for vacation and sick time as needed.
- Take on ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Maintain business and personal files, faxing, scanning and photocopying.
- Assist with personal matters including family calendar maintenance and scheduling doctors appointments.
The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of administrative assistant experience. Experience within financial services and/or an investment firm is preferred. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel). Experience with Concur, Workshare, Share Point, Adobe Pro and DocuSign is ideal. A bachelor’s degree is required.
Successful candidates will possess a team-focused attitude with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and/or projects, and an ability to accomplish routine and habitual tasks with care and attention to detail. He or she will be a hands-on problem solver with the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality. Professional telephone and email communication is expected.
We seek excellence in our candidates at every level. We want individuals who are driven to be the best at what they do and who continually seek to improve. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in his or her prior endeavors, an entrepreneurial, self-driven nature, a low ego, teamoriented style, unimpeachable integrity and values that align with our principles.
About Taconic Capital
Taconic Capital is a global institutional investment firm that pursues an event-driven, multi-strategy investment approach. Taconic was founded in 1999 by former Goldman Sachs partners, Frank Brosens and Ken Brody. We have offices in New York, London and Hong Kong with over 125 employees. We are privately held and our partnership owns, governs and leads the firm. Taconic Capital’s first fund was launched in June 1999 and began accepting outside capital in 2000. We opened our London office in 2001 and our Hong Kong office in 2012. Over the last 22 years, we have continuously evolved, adding investment capabilities, management talent and geographic reach to capitalize on the changing opportunity set, and to meet the needs of our firm and investors.
Our culture of collegiality, teamwork, meritocracy and rigorous performance standards, supports
everything we do and drives our philosophy of treating our investors as true partners.
Our principles underscore who we are and how we approach our work. They provide an important framework for collaboration and innovation across all functions of the organization.
- We live by the ethics of integrity and honesty
- We put investors first
- People drive our success
- We aim to be a meritocracy
- Everyone’s job is people development
- We value collegiality
- We strive to be flexible and creative in our thinking
- We encourage an open and honest dialogue
- We take risks prudently
We are committed to employing world class talent across all aspects of our business, which brings to the firm a range of backgrounds, attitudes, values, beliefs, and experiences. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. Our ongoing focus is to create a working culture that respects and effectively utilizes the talents, skills, and perspectives of every employee, connects each employee to the organization, and encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. We seek to maximize the employee value proposition by investing in total rewards, development, and retention. Taconic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications and abilities and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age disability, pregnancy, creed, marital or civil partnership/union status, familial status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or conviction record to extent required by applicable law or any other characteristic protected by law.