Help Us Scale our Impact!
Elemental is seeking a passionate self-starter to join its Growth Team as Development Manager. In this role, you will directly support and help implement Elemental’s annual fundraising goals. You will be responsible for writing compelling concept notes and winning grant proposals, while managing the entire funding cycle, from ideation to submission to reporting to stewardship. Both strategic and energetic, the Growth Team is expected to execute the organization’s ambitious strategic and revenue goals.
The Development Manager will report directly to the Director of Strategic Development and collaborate closely with the rest of the Growth team, including the Chief Growth Officer and Partnerships Analyst.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Research, develop, and write sophisticated, data-driven funding pitches, proposals, and grant applications
- Run corporate, federal, and foundation funding application and submission processes, including database tracking and grant reporting
- Craft compelling and clear concept notes for priority donors and prospects, including internal briefs to ensure the Growth Team’s success
- Manage an efficient proposal development and reporting process across the organization’s program teams and finance departments.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of grant writing experience
- Exceptional writer, content creator, and data-driven storyteller
- Finds joy in pulling together content, writing proposals, and designing decks
- Ability to balance multiple, complex fundraising initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong comfort in managing CRMs, including Salesforce and AirTable and content creation tools, including Keynote and Google
- Highly collaborative spirit with ability to quickly adapt, change and iterate content and materials to meet the needs of the team and/or donor
- Management experience at a fundraising consulting firm, preferably with a focus on climate action/environmental sustainability
- Proven experience in soliciting and securing new funding, from conceptualizing unique pitches to providing impeccable donor stewardship
- Demonstrated success managing federal RFPs and government awards
- Demonstrated success in developing and securing 6 and 7-figure gifts from both philanthropic donors and foundations
About Elemental Excelerator
About Elemental Excelerator:
Elemental Excelerator is on a mission to redesign the systems at the root of climate change. In 2009, the non-profit launched a new model for funding climate tech deployment. Breaking down barriers to innovation alongside entrepreneurs provides Elemental unique insight into the policy, market, and technology innovation needed to build systems to uplift people and communities around the world. Elemental has invested in over 130 growth-stage companies and celebrated more than 20 exits, funded more than 81 technology projects, and built a platform for scaling equitable, market-driven solutions to climate change.
At Elemental, we blend a growth mindset with the diverse backgrounds and roots of our team, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged.
We will consider candidates located in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi or the Bay Area, California where we have HQs. Elemental has a hybrid working model and this role will be expected to be available remotely during HQ working hours based on home office location, and when in-person work resumes must be able to commute to one of our HQ locations: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi or East Palo Alto, California.
Compensation & Benefits:
Elemental Excelerator offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off. This is a full-time “at-will” position working 40 hours per week.
Elemental Excelerator is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis. Although all applications will be considered, we may be unable to respond to all inquiries.
MORE JOBS LIKE THIS
- Flexible / Remote
- Advertising, Art/Creative, Client Support, Consulting, Education, Management, Hospitality, Human Resources, Journalism, Marketing, Project Management, Public Relations, Sales, Training & Development
- Flexible, Return to Work