As the Pricing Lead supporting our Revenue Team, you’ll play an important role in one of Shopify’s most important missions: launching a multi-product portfolio to bring more value to our merchants. Shopify is looking for an experienced candidate, expert in both defining and implementing pricing & packaging strategies within a SaaS organization. This role will work cross functionally with finance, operations, marketing, sales and merchant success. It is a high visibility role with frequent executive interaction and exposure.
- Define, implement and measure pricing strategies based on business and financial goals, competitive insight and operational capabilities
- Guide cross-functional implementation of pricing initiatives from conception to go-to-market, ensuring global & regional initiatives are rolled out properly
- Bring to market pricing changes, including project management of new pricing strategies working across product, R&D, marketing and merchant success teams.
- Design discounting framework for multi-product & volume selling, improving the core economics of the business and accelerating customer acquisition & expansion
- Own the exploration and execution of new pricing and packaging opportunities beyond the existing monetization models. This can include pricing for Agencies, B2B, Resellers, Multi-brand, and other non-traditional commercial contracts.
- Own pricing strategy and support for our most strategic accounts at Shopify. Work closely with executives to design creative pricing packages and develop a value driven communications strategy.
- Collaborate with sales enablement in ensuring GTM teams can effectively articulate and defend Shopify’s pricing approach
- Act as a trusted and reliable advisor, driving decision-making among stakeholders
- 6+ years of pricing and packaging SaaS experience & revenue strategy (profitability management), with proven leadership and execution
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic projects e.g. bundling and price model transformation, optimization of existing frameworks
- Strong experience leveraging data analytics
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative pricing research techniques
- Proven ability to build productive cross-functional relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with and influence the decisions of different levels of management
- Prior experience in a global role that takes regional nuance into account
- Ownership mentality and merchant obsessed mindset
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Shopify powers millions of businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.