← BACK TO COACHES
Hi, I’m Julie Houghton. I’m a mom to two girls and a life & career coach who specializes in helping women find the courage to do work they love.
For most of my own life and career, I struggled with figuring out what I wanted to do vs. what I thought I SHOULD do. For 15 years I worked in marketing and corporate strategy in a string of what some might call dream jobs. I got my MBA from UC Berkeley.
On paper things looked great.
But deep down, I was pretty miserable.
I was living someone else’s version of my life.
I relied on sugar, coffee, and wine to make it through the days. I fantasized about quitting my job but was too scared to take action. I was so out of touch with myself that I didn’t even know what made me happy or what I truly wanted out of life. I wasn’t sure if I actually even had any passions and if I did, I was pretty sure it was something that I wouldn’t make any money doing.
I only knew one thing for sure – the idea of quitting my job when I didn’t know what else I wanted to do seemed ludicrous. I told myself I should be thankful to have a job at all.
And then when I gave birth to our older daughter, my whole world changed. The idea of leaving her to go back to an uninspiring, stressful job with long hours was unbearable.
I wanted balance – work that allowed me to live my purpose (whatever that was!) and make a difference in the world while still having the flexibility to spend time with my family.
Even more importantly, I wanted to be our daughter’s role model.
I didn’t want her to grow up seeing me work in “safe” jobs that left me burnt out and unfulfilled. I wanted her to learn to trust herself, not follow someone else’s definition of who she should be.
I got a coach. I learned how to stop worrying about who I was supposed to be and pay attention to who I was. I learned how to move forward even when I was scared or the path seemed uncertain. I saw that I could have a big impact on the world while still maintaining a sense of freedom, balance, and ease.
Now I help other women find the courage to find and do work they love.
Clients come to me because they:
- Feel stuck in a soul-sucking job
- Find themselves saying “I don’t know what I want to do with my life, but I know this isn’t it!”
- Long to find their passion but sometimes doubt that they even have one
- Feel pulled in a thousand different directions and stretched thin from trying to do it all
- Struggle with an inner “mean girl” who tells them they can’t do it or they’re not enough
- Numb out at the end of the day with food, TV, or alcohol to cope with overwhelm from all-consuming work or obligations
As a coach, I’m here to help you:
- Figure out what lights you up and why YOU were put on this earth (even if you’re secretly scared that you’re not passionate about anything)
- Find work that integrates who you are with what you do
- Move past feeling scared or stuck so you can take action on what really matters to you and say no to the things you don’t want to do
- Replace burnout with a life that’s rich in happiness and fulfillment
As your coach, I’m your confidante, visionary, cheerleader, and mentor. I love working with moms in all stages of life, whether you’re on maternity leave and considering a change, returning to the workforce after being a SAHM, or just wanting a change from a career that doesn’t feel in alignment with who you are.
I’d love to hear from you. Schedule a free 30-minute consultation today, learn what it’s like to work with me, and see what others have said. You can also email me at julie [at] juliehoughton [dot] com. I can’t wait to meet you!